The 16th edition of the International Vacuum Insulation Symposium (IVIS2023) will be held in College of Engineering (CEG) , Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India on November 6 – 7, 2023.
Participation by scientists, researchers, manufacturers, suppliers, end-users, social scientists and policy makers working in the areas of Vacuum Insulation Panels (VIPs) and other super insulation materials is encouraged and welcome.
You are invited to submit a short abstract (200 – 400 words in .pdf format) via email reporting
new research outputs covering one or more of the below listed topics by January 31st, 2023. Your abstract should clearly state the objectives of the research covered, methodology, main results (expected or achieved) and impact (likely or achieved). Based on the quality of the content, as assessed by a committee of reviewers, authors will be asked to submit an extended abstract for oral presentation or poster presentation during the symposium.
Poster presentation and an exhibition of insulation related products, equipment, sensors and literature will be organized as a key feature during the symposium. May we request you to kindly download 1st Announcement of the IVIS2023 https://ivisglobal.com/downloads and publicize it by forwarding it to relevant contacts and displaying a printed copy on the noticeboards of your respective organisations.
Symposium Topics (this is not an exhaustive list, any submissions covering aspects of advanced insulation not listed here are welcome):
1. Material and insulation system characterization (microstructure, thermal characteristics, internal pressure, air permeability, gas diffusion, ad/desorption)
2. Heat, air and moisture transfer (from material to building, industrial product and process scale)
3. Ageing (theory and practical aspects)
4. Envelope (material, barrier performance, thermal bridging)
5. Core materials and additives (porous silica, fibres, foams, aerogel, perlites, opacifiers, getters, desiccants)
6. Life cycle assessment
7. Applications: buildings, cold chain equipment, cryogenics, transportation (cars, trains, shipping, reefer trucks), medical devices, low temperature storage (food, vaccine), high temperature storage (solar power plants, domestic and industrial storage)
8. Assessment of performance and standardisation
9. Smart materials for insulation systems
10. New materials and manufacturing methods for insulation systems
For any query, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or my direct email provided below. Also, please set firstname.lastname@example.org as safe sender to avoid important emails ending into your spam/junk folder.